Only 5 days after we excitedly announced that we are adopting from the DRC, we found out that the Congo has closed exit visas for adopted children. What this means is that, while Congolese children can still go through the entire adoption process, they cannot be removed from the country.
The Congo says that this is a temporary closure, lasting 12 months.
What does this mean for our adoption?
Right now, it means we are holding tight and praying for wisdom and discernment. Our home study is almost complete, but honestly, we’ve been dragging our feet a little to wrap it up because of this news.
How can you pray?
– Many families are finished or close to being finished with their Congo adoption but cannot bring their children home. Our heart is breaking for them. Please lift them and their children up in prayer.
– Pray for our child/children that are not yet with us. For their comfort, peace, love, care, faith, health.
– We don’t feel called away from the DRC at this time. Please pray that we would have confidence in God’s plan and be open to the Spirit’s leading.
What’s our next step?
– Once we are ready, Lord willing, we will apply to the state of TX for approval to adopt from the DRC, and then our agency can match us with a child/children!
– Fundraising. God has already been faithful to provide financially in many ways. All of these funds are going into our adoption savings. When we are proceeding a little more, we will update you with fundraising efforts and amounts.
Thank you for praying and partnering with us.