We’re so excited to announce that we’re matched with a child in the DRC!!! We will call him Z. We will not be posting any photos online or using his real name to ensure the integrity of our case. But if you see us in person, we’d be happy to share!
From this point:
– we send a big stack of papers over to the DRC via our agency. Pray for us to finish this week. The few we have remaining are confusing and stressful to fill out.
– an investigation is being done to get all of Z’s necessary paperwork and background checks. Then, our lawyer there will be applying for a court date.
– after we pass court (hopefully!), the US embassy will hold the case for 3-6 more months and do their own investigation.
– then I think we go get him and bring him home (we’re unsure but hoping for about a year from now)!
– we’re still working toward our donation goal. We have to send all of our saved funds with our dossier, which will be very soon. To donate to our fund, you can click this link, read our story, and hit the green button on the right. Thank you!
– we are collecting items for a garage sale slated for March 29. So many friends have come through, and we’re selling some of the bigger items on craigslist.
– on the day of the sale, we need helpers! We could use about 10 people who are ready to serve. We will start around 7am and hope to close up between 1 and 3.
Thank you so much for supporting us, encouraging us, praying for us, giving money, bringing over your old couch, and just being there if we need to tell you all of the details!